- A striking, cruelty free silk shawl, handwoven and hand dyed in rich pink and carmine red hues, with botanical prints from the last surviving leafs in my garden in November.
- Hand crafted things carry little imperfections, which add to their unique character. These are not defects but a distinctive feature of their uniqueness.
- Size: generous size of 70-200cm
- Eri silk much feels like wool, it warms in the winter and feels cool in the summer, which makes it my favourite fabric ever.
- Handwoven by skilled craftsmen and women in a rehabilitation centre for physically challenged people in India. Woven on a two shaft loom, which makes it a lovely light weave.
- Finished with twisted fringes
WFTO label, means fair trade guaranteed!
The WFTO Product Label is more than just a Fair Trade symbol. It signifies not only that the practices across the supply chain are checked against the WFTO Fair Trade Standard, but it also represents support to the battle against poverty and inequality. Products carrying the WFTO Label are made and traded by Guaranteed Fair Trade Organisations dedicated to the sustainable Fair Trade economy. Every purchase of products with the WFTO Label supports small producers and their communities.
Handwash only in lukewarm water with pH neutral detergent, to preserve the colour and the fabric.